Blogging for Franchisees: SEO Means More than Just Keywords
A blog that promotes your franchise location should focus on consumer readability in order to boost search engine optimization and enhance overall digital marketing success. Your brand’s complete digital marketing campaign should include a blogging and content marketing component for your individual franchise location. One of the biggest boosts blogs can have on brand growth is that they help maximize SEO, or search engine optimization, meaning that the brand’s website and your individual franchise location’s microsite appear higher in Google’s search results. This is vital when you take into account the statistic that most consumers will never even click or tap past the first results page. These are two common tricks utilized for blog SEO:
- Keywords likely to be searched in Google by target consumers
- More than 300 words in length
- Grammar and spelling should be flawless.
- For ease of reading, use short words, sentences, and paragraphs. Try to write in a conversational tone. Consider testing for a Flesch-Kincaid readability score.
- The design, format, and typography (font, size, spacing, header structure, bullets, etc.) of your page can increase readability.
- Break up text with interesting images for content that is readable and shareable.
- Be interesting and relevant to your target consumers.